Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

Formative - Rock Sculpting in ZBrush

High Poly


First time sculpting rocks in ZBrush. I followed a few references and tutorials, and experimented with different brushes.

Result in the picture is a few hours of playing around with brushes and alpha and about 2 hours of actual sculpting.

I started out with Zspheres, built up the base and used Move brush to form the shape. I then used the Planar brush in combination with a messy alpha to draw out the hard edges forming the chunks of rock. Bit of smoothing, Dam Standard, and regular Planar to clean up, as well as playing around with the rock brushes I got from class.

I worry I might have bit off more than I can chew for the texturing, as I plan to do a hand painted stylised texture.

LOD and Texture (First Submission)

These are the LOD and textures I had for the submission of this formative, which took me by surprise as I didn't read deadline on the formative brief properly. I was planning on having my hand painted diffuse done by this afternoon, but the formative was due first thing in the morning.

This LOD is at 600 Polys.





Diffuse, Normal, Specular, Occlusion

The SketchFab model currently has some issues with normals/occlusions that causes some black patches.


No comments:

Post a Comment